My main research interests encompass robotics and autonomous systems & machine learning.
- Bio-inspired & soft robotics.
- Real-time motion planning and optimization with learning from demonstrations.
- Human-adaptive Cyber Physical Systems.
- Rehabilitation and medical robotics.
- Nonlinear dynamical systems and adaptive control.
Please see my website for my latest research and my GoogleScholar for my publications.
- PhD in Robotics and Control, 2017
- MSc in Control Theory and Control Engineering, 2012
- BEng in Measurement Control and Instrumentation, 2007
- Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Computer Science, 2020 to present, University of York.
- Senior Lecturer in Engineering and Design Technology, 2018-2020, Cardiff Metropolitan University.
- Research Fellow, 2017-2018, LCAS & LIAT, University of Lincoln.
- Research Assistant, 2016-2017, Bournemouth University.
- Visiting Fellow, 2014-2015, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Visiting Fellow, 2014-2015, Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- Deputy Head of Department, 2012-2013, Department of Automation, Zhongyuan University of Technology, China.
- Lecturer in Automatic Control, 2008-2013, Zhongyuan University of Technology, China.
- Member of IEEE, IEEE Robotics and Automation Society (RAS), IEEE Control Systems Society (CSS) and IFAC.
- Member of the IEEE Technical Committee on Bio Robotics, Soft Robotics, Robot Learning, and Safety, Security and Rescue Robotics.
- Member of the EPSRC Peer Review College
- Associate Editor, IEEE Access.