The Semantic Evaluation (SemEval) series of workshops focuses on the evaluation of semantic analysis systems. with the aim of comparing systems that can analyse diverse semantic phenomena in text. SemEval-2012 will be associated with the new *SEM, First Joint Conference on Lexical and Computational Semantics, and co-located with NAACL, Montreal, Canada.
SemEval-2012 provides development, training and test datasets for a range of interesting and challenging semantic analysis problems. We welcome individual researchers or teams to participate and contribute.
SemEval-2012 will be the 6th workshop on semantic evaluation.
In addition, SemEval-2013 is already underway. For details visit the SemEval-2013 website at:
- October 26, 2011 Call for participation
- December 10, 2011 onwards Full Training Data + Test scripts available for participants [task dependent]
- February 10, 2012 Test set ready
- March 14, 2012 Registration Deadline [closed]
- March 15, 2012 onwards Start of evaluation period
- April 1, 2012 End of Evaluation Period (results due)
- April 16, 2012 Paper submission deadline [EXTENDED]
- April 23, 2012 Reviews due
- May 4, 2012 Camera Ready
The SemEval presentations from organizers and participants will be hosted by *SEM 2012 co-located with NAACL 2012, Montreal, Canada. *SEM 2012 will include presentations from organizers and participants of SemEval 2012.
SemEval DISCUSSION GROUP
Please join our discussion group at
to receive announcements and participate in discussions.
SemEval-2012 and SemEval-2013 Wiki
SemEval Wikipedia entry
*SEM 2012 Website