Deadline Extension: Workshop at CSERC 2012 (Visualization in University Level Computer Science Education)

From: ShahRukh Humayoun <shahrukh33_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 02:27:23 -0700 (PDT)
Dear all,

*** The submission deadline has been extended to August 10, 2012. ****

At this year's CSERC 2012 (Computer Science Education Research Conference), we are organizing a workshop with title “Visualization in University Level Computer Science Education”. CSERC'2012 aims at creating a platform for researchers in the field of computer science education. Over the years it has become clear that there is a need for more fundamental knowledge about and input into computer science education. CSERC 2012 will be held in conjunction with FedCSIS 2012 at Wrocław University of Technology, Wrocław, Poland, September 9 - 12, 2012.

The topic of our workshop is: Visualization in University Level Computer Science Education

Our aim is to consider the diversity of visual representations in computer science education, to learn from best practice and to develop a vision on, and research agenda for, collaboration on visualization patterns and teaching guidelines. The workshop's goal is to exchange ideas, experiences, viewpoints from different disciplines, and visions on the role of industry and academia in developing a common ground for aware design and teaching.

We would like to encourage you to participate at our workshop! Those interested in participating should submit an extended abstract (1-2 pages) for a position paper. Formatting guidelines can be found on the main conference's website: http://www.fedcsis.org/node/15
Please send the abstracts in PDF format to cserc12@hciv.de

The deadline is August 10, 2012 (Extended Deadline).

For more information on the workshop please have a look at our website:   http://hciv.de/cserc12

We hope that you'll be able to participate at our workshop and are looking forward to receiving your contributions!

Many regards,
Workshop Organizers