ECCE 2012 Workshop: "Visualization -- Beauty or The Beast"

From: ShahRukh Humayoun <shahrukh33_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 06:08:51 -0700 (PDT)
Dear
all,

At this year's ECCE conference we are organizing a
workshop. ECCE 2012 is the 30th annual conference of the European Association
of Cognitive Ergonomics. It brings together researchers and practitioners who
are interested in disseminating their knowledge, experience and ideas in the
area of cognitive ergonomics, human technology interaction and cognitive
engineering.
ECCE 2012 will be held at Edinburgh Napier
University Edinburgh, Scotland, 28 - 31
August 2012.

The topic of our workshop is: Visualization -- Beauty or The Beast

The goal of the workshop is to exchange ideas,
experiences, viewpoints from different disciplines, and visions on the role of
industry and academia in developing a common ground for aware design and
teaching.

We
would like to encourage you to participate at our workshop! Those interested in participating at the workshop
should submit an extended abstract (1-2 pages) for a position paper. Please
send the abstracts in PDF format to ecce12@hciv.de
The deadline is July 15 (so it's close, but it's just 1-2
pages :-)).

For more information please have a look at our
website:   http://hciv.de/ecce12

We really hope that you'll be able to participate
at our workshop and are looking forward to receiving your contributions.

Best regards,
Gerrit van der Veer, Achim Ebert, Inga Scheler,
and Shah Rukh Humayoun.
(workshop organizers)