2nd International PhD School on Quantitative Model Checking

From: Andrzej Wąsowski <wasowski_at_itu.dk>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 22:36:00 +0100
Dear Modellers,

This PhD school is all about modeling and model analysis, but run by
slightly more theory oriented people than the software engineering
crowd.  I hope you can find it useful for your graduate students.

Andrzej

Call for Participation:
2nd International PhD School on Quantitative Model Checking
Copenhagen 27 Feb - 1 Mar

This is the first call for participation in the 2nd International PhD
school on Quantitative Model Checking organized by the European Network
of Excellence ARTIST Design and MT-LAB Centre of Excellence.  Please
distribute to interested parties.

The European Network of Excellence ARTIST Design is organizing a PhD
school on Quantitative Model Checking to take place at IT University of
Copenhagen from 27 February to 1 March 2012.

The School will feature lectures by world-renowned experts within the
areas of discrete, real-time and probabilistic model checking.  As of
today, the list of confirmed speakers is as follows:

Jan Tretmans - model-based testing
Wolfgang Thomas - games in model checking
Javier Esparza - verification of infinite state systems
Patrice Godefroid - software model checking
Holger Hermans - compositional stochastic modeling and verification
Axel Legay - statistical model checking
Joel Ouaknine - metric temporal logics
Andrzej Wasowski - compositional design & verification of real time systems

PhD students and others interested in this school can pre-register by
sending an e-mail to Louis-Marie Traonouez (lmtr@itu.dk).  This will
help us in planning the budget.  Formal registration should be available
soon. The number of seats is limited.

There will be a fee for participating in the PhD school to cover some of
our expenses; the precise amount will be announced once our budget is in
place.  We may also have a small number of scholarships available to
support PhD students without or with only limited funding.

Kim G. Larsen
Axel Legay
Andrzej Wasowski

--
Andrzej Wąsowski, PhD, http://www.itu.dk/~wasowski/
Associate prof., head of MSc Programme on Software Development