Reg: Interleaving of use cases in UML spec

From: sapna gopinathan <sapna_pg_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 23:49:01 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings !

I have two questions regarding interleaving w.r.t. UML.

a)  Is interleaving of use cases allowed in UML ?  I did find papers and a link
which discourages use of interleaving between use cases as it leads to
inconsistency of specification.  However, I also find papers where interleaving
is discussed in terms of UML.  In real life, do use cases interleave ?  And if
so, how do I represent it using UML models.

b)  I interleaving of users(actors) possible.  Meaning, actions done by
different actors interleave.

Would be grateful for any directions regarding the above two.

Reegards
Sapna