Third Workshop on
Transforming and Weaving OWL Ontologies in MDE/MDA
CALL FOR PAPERS
at TOOLS 2010 federated conferences, Malaga, Spain
* April 15, 2010: Papers submission
* May 14, 2010: Author notification
* May 31, 2010: Submission of camera-ready papers
* June 30, 2010: Workshop day
AIMS AND SCOPE
As model-driven engineering (MDE) spreads, disciplines like model transformation, domain specific
languages (DSLs) and traceability become essential in order to support different kinds of models in
an model-driven environment. Understanding the role of ontology technologies like knowledge
representation, automated reasoning, dynamic classification and consistency checking in these fields
is crucial to leverage the development of such disciplines. Thus, we highlight the following open
questions: How can the scientific and technical results around ontologies, ontology languages and
their corresponding reasoning technologies be used fruitfully in MDE? What is the role of ontologies
in supporting model transformation or traceability? How can ontologies improve designing DSLs? Are
current query languages able to query both kinds of models?
Discussions about these and related questions will be supported by this workshop. TWOMDE2010 aims at
providing a forum for discussing the application of different aspects of ontologies to enhance
The intended audience embraces members of the modeling community with experience or interest in
model-driven engineering and in Knowledge Representation. Specifically, but not only, the
participation of experts in technologies related with UML, MOF, ATL, QVT, RDF or OWL is highly welcome.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
TWOMDE2010 is the exclusive forum at a MDE conference to address the application of ontologies in
model-driven development. The potential of this field has just started being explored.
For this edition, we expect use cases in a wider range of topics. Topics of interest are but not
* RDF metamodel repository: interfaces and models to store, retrieve, query and manage MOF/Ecore
metadata in RDF stores.
* Reasoning over MOF-based models using ontologies: verification and validation of models using
ontologies; application of Description Logics reasoning in UML diagrams or MOF/Ecore models, in
order to enhance and to support models and metamodels at design time as well as at runtime.
* Application of ontologies in model transformation: usage of ontologies and reasoning to
automatically generate model transformations; validation of model transformations; use of reasoning
in model transformation rules.
* Reasoning and query languages for integrated models: development or integration of query
languages able to retrieve objects of MOF-based models and OWL-based models; reasoning approaches or
algorithms regarding both semantics of Description Logics semantics of and MOF-based models.
* Integration of modeling standards and metamodeling of ontology technologies: integration
approaches like aspect-oriented programming to weave modeling standards like MOF, Ecore, UML, OCL,
ODM, and SWRL; development, improvement or integration of metamodels for ontology technologies, for
example, OWL, SWRL, F-Logic.
* Ontology driven software development: ontology support to web service orchestration; software
architectures and methodologies for developing semantic web services and agents; reuse of web
service ontologies or application of reasoning in specifying execution logics of orchestration.
* MDE tools using ontologies: implementations of MDE tools relying on ontologies or on reasoning
* Semantic support to Domain Specific Languages: integration of metamodeling and ontologies in
order to provide abstract syntax and formal semantics for DSL.
* Ontology engineering with MDA/MDE techniques: application of MDA/MDE techniques in order to
support ontology engineering activities like ontology pruning, ontology refactoring, or ontology
* Ontology connectors to system models: methods and techniques for integrating ontology
constructs like classes and properties with MOF-based constructs like classes, properties or operations.
* Application of Ontologies in traceability and provenance: usage of model annotations,
ontologies and reasoning in order to improve traceability between MOF-based models.
* Full Papers: describe concrete contributions validated by appropriate evaluation. Full paper
submissions must not exceed 15 pages.
* Short Papers: comprehend research-in-progress, industrial experience and position papers. Short
paper submissions do not exceed 6 pages.
* Posters and Demos: authors are invited to submit a three-page paper describing tools involving
ontologies in MDE.
All papers must be submitted online using the submission website
(http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=twomde2010). Submissions must be in PDF, formatted in
the style of the Springer Publications format for Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Final versions of accepted papers will be published electronically in the CEUR Workshop Proceedings
* Fernando Silva Parreiras (DE), University of Koblenz-Landau
* Jeff Z. Pan (GB), University of Aberdeen
* Uwe Assmann (DE), Dresden University of Technology
TENTATIVE PROGRAM COMMITTEE
* Alexander Paar (DE), University of Karlsruhe (TH)
* Andreas Winter (DE), University of Oldenburg
* Bernhard Rumpe (DE), RWTH Aachen University
* Christian Kop (AT), Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt
* Colin Atkinson (DE), University of Mannheim
* Daniel Oberle (DE), SAP Research
* Dragan Gasevic (CA), Simon Fraser University Surrey
* Gerd Wagner (DE), Brandenburg University of Technology at Cottbus
* Gerti Kappel (AT), Vienna University of Technology
* Giancarlo Guizzardi (IT), ISTC-CNR
* Harald Kuehn (AT), BOC Information Systems GmbH
* Holger Knublauch (US), TopQuadrant
* Ken Baclawski (US), Northeastern University
* Ladjel Bellatreche (FR), LISI ENSMA
* Luís Ferreira Pires (NL), University of Twente
* Peter Haase (DE), University of Karlsruhe (TH)
* Saartje Brockmans (DE), Ontoprise
* Steffen Staab (DE), University of Koblenz-Landau
* Yuting Zhao (GB), University of Aberdeen
* Krzysztof Miksa (PL), Comarch
Please do not hesitate about contacting us, if you have any question regarding this event.
Fernando Silva Parreiras, email@example.com
EU STReP MOST, http://www.most-project.eu/
Received on Thu 28 Jan 2010 - 14:45:11 GMT