Stereotypes extending Property metaclass

From: Ksenia Wahler <ksenia.wahler_at_ipt.ch>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 23:56:05 +0200
Dear UML-enthusiasts,

Could you perhaps help me to come to grips with stereotypes that extend the
Property metaclass? I have several of such stereotypes in a profile that I
am trying to use and I do not really understand how such a stereotype is to
be instantiated.

I am using the UML profile from the NATO Architecture Framework. Consider
for example the attached picture. I would like to model an instance of a
ResourceInteraction between two instances of System. However, I am not sure
that I can directly connect the Systems with a ResourceInteraction, since
the ResourceInteraction and the System stereotypes are connected via the
ResourceComposition stereotype in the metamodel, which extends the Property
metaclass. Do I also need to instantiate the ResourceComposition stereotype
somehow? What would this instantiation look like?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Ksenia

naf-profile.jpg