Re: OCL tool

From: Dan CHIOREAN <chiorean_d2001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 23:40:25 -0700 (PDT)
Yakub,

The OCL specification is not complete and contains some ambiguities -
therefore each tool producer has implemented more or less its
understanding (vision).  Please read “How My Favorite Tool Supporting
OCL Must Look Like” http://eceasst.cs.tu-berlin.de/index.php/eceasst/article/viewFile/180/177.
In order to chose the right tool, you must know what are the functionalities
you intend to use.

As I know, in OCLE, excepting that "def" requires an additional "let"
(like in previous versions of OCL), the tool works fine.  OCLE give
users the opportunity to do partial evaluations (sub-expression
evaluation) and even the partial evaluation of different other
operations or def's included in the evaluated expression by
composition.  Could you give an example showing that in OCLE, this,
does not work properly.

A tool I like is XMF Mosaic.  It implements XOCL (an extended version
of OCL).  I didn’t test def in XMF, but I think that it worth to do
this.

Best wishes,
Dan