RE: A question on UML Profile and stereotype

From: Jorn Guy Suess <jgsuess_at_itee.uq.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:10:01 +1000
Arnon,

I am working specifically on that subject. (UML) Profile and stereotype are a skew metamodel. They are technically defined on M1 as metamodels elements, but their semantics are defined in OCL looking at M2. Consequently, they do not neatly fit into the architecture. Profiles are often called a light-weight extension mechanism, but their application in practice is quite complicated. Please write to me if you have specific question.

Kind regards,

Jrn Guy S