A question on OCL

From: Arnon Sturm <sturm_at_bgu.ac.il>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:35:45 +0200
All,

I wonder whether it is possible to specify an OCL constraint on two or more
model elements which do not have a navigation path among them.

For example, in case of a library system we have two "unrelated" classes:
item and person.
I would like to specify the follwoing constraint: if the items of a
particular system are all of type 'journal' or 'proceeding', then all the
persons in this system are of type 'faculty'.

For sure, there is the possibility to define a "mediator" class that will
create navigation paths. However, we are interested in specifying the
constraint without that "mediator" class.

Thanks for your help,

Arnon Sturm