Re: UML 2.0 component model example needed

From: Vladimir Mencl <mencl_at_nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:41:47 +1200
On 09/10/2008 06:47 PM, elham ebrahimi wrote:
> IN UML 2.0 component model I am looking for an example of component
> implementation. Does anybody know any source to show how to implement a
> component based on UML 2.0 component model? Preferably java code.

Hi Elham,

You may wish to have a look at Matej Polak's master thesis on UML 2.0
components:
http://dsrg.mff.cuni.cz/~mencl/projects/uml20components-thesis.html

I was supervising this thesis three years ago, and the main achievement
was a mapping from the UML 2.0 Component model to the SOFA and Fractal
component models.

The mapping was implemented as a plugin to the Enterprise Architect
modeling tool - the plugin can generate Java code for either of these two
component models.
You can download the plugin from the above project page of the thesis.

Note however, that the UML 2.0 Component Model is only a modeling
language, neutral to the concrete component model used used to implement
the components.  The thesis defines a mapping for these two particular
component models - to use UML 2.0 for a different component model, one'd
have to go beyond what UML 2.0 itself specifies, and define a mapping from
UML 2.0 components to the component model in question - and that is what
this thesis does for SOFA and Fractal.

Best Regards,
Vladimir

--