Re: [pUML] UML&FM'2008: CALL for Papers

From: Isabelle Perseil <isabelle.perseil_at_enst.fr>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:36:50 +0200 (CEST)
Hi Stephan,

You're right ! (it comes from an old copy/paste, but we have fixed this in
the next calls, and of course on the website)
This is 8 pages in the ISSE Format, as written in the submission part.
Sorry again :-\
Isabelle

> Hi Isabelle,
> thanks for the call for papers, very interesting. However, I spotted an
inconsistency: at one place it says not more than 6 pages, further down
it says not more than 8 pages. Please clarify on the number of pages.
Thanks!
> -Stefan.
>
> ________________
> Isabelle Perseil wrote:
>>                     CALL FOR PAPERS :  UML&FM’2008
>>            FIRST INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON UML&FORMAL METHODS
>>           http://www.artist-embedded.org/artist/UML-FM-08.html
>>
>>                Workshop held in conjunction with ICFEM 2008
>>                    The 10th International Conference on
>>                       Formal Engineering Methods
>>                         http://www.icfem2008.org/
>>                            October 27, 2008
>>                         Kitakyushu-City, Japan
>>
>>                      Submission deadline: July 01, 2008
>>                      --------------------------------------
>>

>> Many interest groups from a research perspective are in favour of the
creation of this workshop.

>> For more than a decade now, the two communities of UML and formal methods
>> have been working together to produce a simultaneously practical (via UML)
>> and rigorous (via formal methods) approach to software engineering.
>>
>> UML is the de facto standard for modelling various aspects of software
systems in both industry and academia, despite the inconvenience that
its
>> current specification is complex and its syntax imprecise.
>>
>> The fact that the UML semantics is too informal have led many
>> researchers
>> to formalize it with all kinds of existing formal languages, like OCL, Z,
>> B, CSP, VDM, Petri Nets, UPPAAL, HOL, Coq, PVS etc.
>>
>> This first workshop will be open to various subjects as the main objective
>> is to encourage new initiatives of building bridges between informal,
semi-formal and formal notations.

>> Topics:
>> ======
>>
>> This workshop seeks contributions from researchers and practitioners
interested in all aspects of integrating UML and formal methods. To
this end, we solicit papers (no more than 6 pages long) related to, but
not limited to, the following principal topics:

>> ·        Consistent specifications, model transformations (QVT
>> technologies,
>>          transformation repositories). Transformations to make models
>> more
>>          analyzable so as to make them executable.
>>
>> ·        Automation of traceability through transformations
>>
>> ·        Refinement techniques: developing detailed design from a UML
>>          abstract specification
>>
>> ·        Refinement of OCL specification as well
>>
>> ·        Formal reasoning on models for code generation
>>
>> ·        Technologies for compositional verification of models
>>
>> ·        Specification of a formal semantics for the UML.
>>          Giving an abstract syntax to UML diagrams
>>
>> ·        Formal validation and verification of software
>>
>> ·        Co-modeling methods formal/informal mapping techniques
>>
>> ·        End-to-end methodologies or software process
>>          engineering,correct-by-construction design providing and
supporting tools for safety-critical embedded systems design

>> Workshop Format
>> ===============
>> This full-day workshop will consist of an introduction of the topic by the
>> workshop organizers, presentations of accepted papers, and in depth
discussion of previously identified subjects emerging from the
>> submissions. A summary of the discussions will be made available.
>>

>> Submission and Publication
>> ==========================
>> To contribute, please send a position paper or a technical paper
>>
>> to agusti[dot]canals[at]c-s[dot]fr with “ICFEM08 UML&FM Workshop” in
the title.

>> Papers should not exceed 8 pages. Submitted manuscripts should be in
English and formatted in the style of the ISSE Format. Preferably,
submissions should be in PDF format.
>> Please, follow the guidelines at the "For authors and editors" heading in
>> the ISSE website
>> (http://www.springer.com/computer/programming/journal/11334)
>>
>> All selected papers will be published in the ISSE NASA journal
>> (Innovations in Systems and Software Engineering).
>>
>> Slides will be made available through the workshop website.
>>

>> IMPORTANT DATES
>> ===============
>> Submission deadline:             July 01, 2008
>> All Notification of acceptance:  July 15, 2008
>> Final copy for proceedings:      July 25th, 2008
>> Workshop date :                  October 27, 2008
>>

>> Organizers
>> ==========
>>
>> Organizational sponsors :
>>
>> OMG        (http://www.omg.org/)
>> ARTIST   (http://www.artist-embedded.org/artist/)
>>

>> Organizers and Programme Steering committee:
>>
>> Jean-Michel Bruel (Liuppa, France)
>> Agusti Canals (CS, France)--- General Chair
>> Sébastien Gérard (CEA-LIST, France)
>> Isabelle Perseil (TELECOM ParisTech, France)
>>

>> IEEE CS Coordinator:
>>
>> Mike Hinchey (NASA GSFC and Loyola College in Maryland, USA)
>>

>> Program Committee:
>>
>> Nazareno Aguirre (Universidad Nacional de Río Cuarto, Argentina) Pascal
André (LINA, University of Nantes, France)