Re: Question regarding UML Use-cases

From: Vladimir Mencl <mencl_at_nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:14:24 +1300
On 02/11/2008 04:42 AM, Stefan G wrote:
> Dear Members of PUML, could you please point me to literature concerning
> the semantic improvement of the UML Use-Cases? If I'm not mistaken, most
> of the semantic work on UML was so far dedicated to Class Diagrams and
> State Machines. I'm doing work on Logic annotations for Use-Case
> diagrams. Many thanks for your advice. With kind regards: /Stefan/

Hi Stefan,

I might also point you to my dissertation, titled "Use Cases: Behavior
Assembly, Behavior Composition and Reasoning" (Charles University in
Prague, Jun 2006), and my other work to various degree related to use
cases, all available at http://dsrg.mff.cuni.cz/~mencl/

I would particularly draw your attention to:

* Improved Processing of Textual Use Cases: Deriving Behavior
Specifications (with J. Drazan, 2007, on employing a Natural Language
Parser to derive behavior specifications from textual use cases).

* Behavior Assembly and Composition of Use Cases - UML 2.0 Perspective
(with F. Plasil and J. Adamek, 2005, an analysis of use cases in UML 2.0).

Best Regards,
Vladimir

--
----------------------------------
Vladimir Mencl, Ph.D.
   |currently on academic leave at University of Canterbury
   |see http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/

Distributed Systems Research Group
Department of Software Engineering
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics