UML Action Semantics 2.1

From: Tabinda Waheed <tabindawaheed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 07:15:12 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
in UML 2.1 superstructure, various actions have been defined in chapter 11. I have a confusion in mind regarding some actions, e.g., CallOperationAction invokes an operation and receives return values, if the return value is stored in some variable, then does WriteVariableAction is executed at this moment?

e.g.,
op1: calculateSum()

this operation invocation involves the underlying CallAction which is in this case CallOperationAction. If the function calculateSum returns a value and we have a situation that:

result = op1: calculateSum()

then does assigning return value to the variable result implicitly call WriteVariableAction?

Kindly answer to this query.

Best Regards,
Tabinda Waheed
Center for Software Dependability,