Re: UML Tool to manage Rose models

From: Andrea Baruzzo <andrea.baruzzo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 16:07:16 +0100
Hi Jörn,
I have tied the Poseidon (free) community edition but it does not
allow me to import neither Rose Files, nor EMX files (Bran has kindly
sent me a version of the UML metamodel). The Eclipse roadmap seems a
little convoluted. Probably the best strategy can be to download a
trial version of a full product (such as Rational Rose or Poseidon). I
would hope to find a free Rose Viewer, but apparently it does not
exist.

PS. Usually when I try to import/export XMI files, I provide .xmi or
.xml files. My tool (I use the professional edition of Enterprise
Architect) does not recognize .emx files? EMX is the format used by
the Eclipse EMF tools?

Thank you to all of you for your suggestions.
Andrea

Dr. Andrea Baruzzo
Laboratorio di Intelligenza Artificiale
Room SSSH, 2nd floor, Stecca Sud