Re: Seeking model builder tools for camparison with Rose

From: Andrea Baruzzo <andrea.baruzzo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:58:00 +0100
Hi Nurfauza,
I have used for some time Raphsody Telelogic (ex I-Logix). It allows
you to generate a sequence diagram, providing also the model-execution
feature, very useful for debugging at model-level. However, I don't
know if the sequence diagram can be generated in other scenarios
different than model execution.

Cheers,

Andrea

On 12/1/06, jnurfauza@fit.unimas.my <jnurfauza@fit.unimas.my> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Our team are doing the research on building a reverse engineering tools and
> manage to come out with a parser tool (using VB + GoldParser) that generate
> source codes into a tree-view structure of extracted object/class name,
> method calling etc (singleton).. from the tree view a sequence diagram will
> also be designed...
>
> Just need an advise and suggestion from you all on list of tools that can
> generate a sequence diagram besides Rose.. we are planning to do a
> comparison study on Rose with our tool. Our suggested tool now is using
> Microsoft Visio 2003 to generate a sequence diagram from the parser tool.
>

> Regards,
>
> Nurfauza Jali
> Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology
> University Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
> 94300 Kota Samarahan.
> Sarawak. Malaysia.
> jnurfauza@fit.unimas.my
> Tel:082-583648
> Fax: 082-583764
>
> "The Universe is full of magical things
>   patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper."
>  To remove yourself from this list please mail
> puml-list-request@cs.york.ac.uk with a message containing the word
> "unsubscribe".

Dr. Andrea Baruzzo
Laboratorio di Intelligenza Artificiale