Re: UML Tool to manage Rose models

From: Greg O'Keefe <greg.okeefe_at_anu.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 16:00:18 +1100
On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 04:06, Andrea Baruzzo wrote:
> I have found that
> metamodel in the OMG web site:
> http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/modeling_spec_catalog.htm#UML
> but unfortunately I haven't Rose.
>
> Any suggestion?

The Eclipse EMF UML2 project has a version of the metamodel in ecore
format, called uml2.ecore I believe.  I found it one time in the CVS
repository of the project.  You could browse that with EMF under
Eclipse.

At least you could in principle.  Last time I tried I could not make it
work because there was a reference in it to an external model
(ecore.ecore if I remember correctly) and I could not hack it to make it
resolve.

Has anybody else done this?

I think a definitive electronic metamodel in an open format would be a
wonderful thing, and I second the suggestion that Bran Selic be badgered
into providing one.

Greg O'Keefe