Re: UML Tool to manage Rose models

From: Christophe Ponsard <cp_at_cetic.be>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:09:39 +0100
Hello Andrea,

I had the same problem recently with another kind of mdl model.
I could open a rose project with Visual Paradigm in demo mode.
Other UML tools from big vendors probably work too.

As free solution you can try to use:
- Eclipse with EMF tools and a graphical design tool such as Omondo
EclipseUML
Create EMF project from .mdl file then create .ecd class diagram from
project, do not forget to check "association"
- JRoseViewer (viewer only). I don't know the exact status of the project
The official sf website does not offer code anymore but you can still
find some bundles, eg. from
    http://people.via.ecp.fr/~remi/soft/other/jroseviewer/

Hope this helps
-- Christophe

ps. we should suggest Bran Selic to publish a "standard" XMI description ;-)