Re: OCL & ecore

From: Jean Bezivin <Jean.Bezivin_at_univ-nantes.fr>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 13:11:49 +0200
Andrzej,

You may have a look at the new top level
"Eclipse Modeling Project" described at:
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/

Under "Model Development Tools (MDT)",
there is the UML2 project and, as you'll see,
the OCL subproject has been placed there.
Ecore-based OCL developments and contributions will
probably develop from this subproject.

Jean

On 8/7/06, Anneke Kleppe <a.kleppe@klasse.nl> wrote:
> Hi Andrzej,
>
> Ecore is based on the MOF, specially on the EMOF part. OCL is officially
> linked to EMOF through the MOF architecture that (re)uses the UML
> Infrastructure. So following this (long) route you might say that OCL is
> the constraint language for ecore.
>
> However, what is more important is the facilities offered by the Ecore
> tools and sadly they don't offer much for using OCL.
>
> Regards,
> Anneke Kleppe
>
> Andrzej Wasowski wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a question, that might be slightly outseide the topic of this
> > list. Bear with me, if this is the case, please.
> >
> > Is there any official document linking OCL and ecore?  Or is there any
> > official constraint language for ecore?  Where should I read?
> >
> > Andrzej
> >

> > To remove yourself from this list please mail
> > puml-list-request@cs.york.ac.uk
> > with a message containing the word "unsubscribe".
> >

> To remove yourself from this list please mail puml-list-request@cs.york.ac.uk

Jean Bézivin - ATLAS Group (INRIA & LINA) - University of Nantes - 2,
rue de la Houssinière
44322 Nantes cedex 3 - France
tel. +33 2 51 12 58 13 - fax. +33 2 51 12 58 12 - cell.+33 6 14 32 22 36
- e.mail: Jean.Bezivin@univ-nantes.fr
http://www.sciences.univ-nantes.fr/lina/atl/