Re: Model repository

From: Jean Bézivin <Jean.Bezivin_at_univ-nantes.fr>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 16:45:01 +0200
Tom,

This is not completely true.

The zoo at: http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/am3/zoos/
is for any kind of models, not only metamodels.

This is a zoo of "abstract models",
that may contain "metamodels" as well as
what we call "terminal models".

All these definitions are provided in the Eclipse paper:
http://www.sciences.univ-nantes.fr/lina/atl/www/papers/eTX2006/03a-FreddyAllilaireRev1.pdf

For example a transformation model
is a terminal model.
(There is already a zoo of transformations included
that contains nearly 50 transformations
available at:
http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/atl/atlTransformations/.
Of course, as I mention in another post,
these are not UML models i.e. models conforming to the
UML metamodel but they are transformation models
that may be viewed as conforming
to the ATL metamodel.)

Several other contributions should be made soon
that are clearly terminal models and not metamodels.

All of these are intended to accumulate experimental material
that could be used to "evaluate" the models from different
points of view.

All the best,

Jean

On 6/28/06, Tom Mens <tom.mens@umh.ac.be> wrote:
> Correction, this is a zoo of METAmodels, not models!
>
> On 28 Jun 2006, at 14:14, Nizar TLILI wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> > Here you wil find a zoo of models in UML with there XMI files.
> > http://www.eclipse.org/gmt/am3/zoos/atlanticUMLZoo/
> >

> To remove yourself from this list please mail puml-list-request@cs.york.ac.uk

Jean Bézivin - ATLAS Group (INRIA & LINA) - University of Nantes - 2,
rue de la Houssinière - 44322 Nantes cedex 3 - France
tel. +33 2 51 12 58 13 - fax. +33 2 51 12 58 12 - cell.+33 6 14 32 22 36
- new e.mail: Jean.Bezivin@univ-nantes.fr
http://www.sciences.univ-nantes.fr/lina/atl/
Mark your agenda to celebrate the 20th anniversary of ECOOP
ECOOP 2006, Nantes, July 3-7,  http://ecoop2006.emn.fr