Re: Help...Verify UML Design

From: Jean-Marie Favre <Jean-Marie.Favre_at_imag.fr>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:06:52 +0200
I missed this message, sorry.
I attend to MoDELS 2006 last year and paricpated to Robert&Betty discussion.
As far as I understand, we have sometimes slightly different objectives,
approaches and this is fine (research is about that). However everything
should obviously be connected (research is about that).
I see no fundamentals reason why this should not be the case.

For instance, in the last years we have been in contact with people
managing other kinds of repositories such as grammar repositories and
language repositories. Such there are sometimes huge amount of work
behind that (i.e. a database with 6000 languages). There is no point in
having one-hegemonic-one-country-one-team   repository (whatever the
team, country, etc :-) ), but there is no point in having disconnected
ressources. The idea of zoo of zoo is fundamental.
Behind that word, it is important to see what are the objectives.

My proposal is that everybody that are interested in that should attend
the discussion about this topic at MoDELs. Should be nice to have a
alloted slot for that and explicit publicity around this.

Jean-Marie Favre   http://www-adele.imag.fr/~jmfavre