Model repository

From: Tom Mens <tom.mens_at_umh.ac.be>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 07:44:25 +0200
So let us try to follow the suggestion of Jordi Cabot, who volunteers
to set up a model repository, and see where this leads us.

Everyone that has models available that he would like to share can
then send store these models in the public model repository,
preferably in various formats. The model repository should allow to
specify very clearly with which tool and in which format the models
have been generated. (Which version of UML, which version of XMI,
which modeling tool, and so on.) In addition, it could always be nice
to have, next to this, a human-readable format of the models, for
example as a collection of diagrams in pdf format.

I suggest to link the model repository to the well-known PlanetMDE
website. Once the model repository website is finished, I can ask
Jean-Marie Favre to provide such a link and to make some
advertisement for the model repository.

Best regards,

Tom Mens.

P.S. Note that I attended the IDM 2006 workshop yesterday, the French
version of MDE, and we discussed the need of such a model repository,
and many persons were very much in favour of, and willing to
contribute to, this repository.