RE: Help...Verify UML Design

From: D H. Akehurst <D.H.Akehurst_at_kent.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:06:19 +0100
I also think that a repository of models would be a good idea.
(I'd be surprised if someone somewhere has not already started doing
this)

There are issues however regarding formats for storing models, and
different variations of the same model!
we can of course provide MOF XMI, but we probably need models in
different versions of MOF and different versions of XMI.
Also most people want a model for a specific tool, and don't want to
have to recreate diagrams, many tools don't support
the standard diagram interchange format.

Regarding the implementation of models, here again there are many
different variations, and mechanisms for providing an implementation,
e.g. MDR, EMF, (our own KMF!), and more subtle things like using EMF to
directly implement in Java, or using an Ecore repository to store the
model!

just my few thoughts on the matter.