Re: Help...Verify UML Design

From: Greg O'Keefe <greg.okeefe_at_anu.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 17:43:55 +1000
On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 00:40, Islam Essam wrote:
> Does any body could help me in finding such a sw UML
> design (includes Class Diagram, Sequence Diagram,
> State Diagram,...) to test/verify my tool on it???

I do not have a model for you Islam, sorry.

But I thought I'd grab this opportunity to jump on the soap-box again
and say:  We need a library of models!

This would be point of comparison for different tools and approaches.

Some of you might know about TPTP (thousands of problems for theorem
provers) which is enormously useful to the automated theorem proving
people. Linguists have huge databases ("corpus") of text.  The famous
model transformation example (classes -> database schema) was really
useful in this way.

I have considered entering a sample of the toy models found in the UML
formalisation literature into EMF/UML2, which might be a useful
beginning.  It would be much better to obtain some real-life models from
industry though.

Anyone interested?

Greg O'Keefe
--
Computer Sciences Laboratory
Research School of Information Sciences and Engineering

T: +61-2-6125-8608
F: +61-2-6125-8651
E: greg.okeefe@anu.edu.au
W: http://rsise.anu.edu.au/~okeefe