Re: Transformation from UML to ASM

From: Birgit Demuth <bd1_at_mail.inf.tu-dresden.de>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:18:38 +0200
Dear Nizar,

We still have no practical experience with QVT because of missing
appropriate tools.
However, we implemented a transformation framework for MOF based models
within our Dresden OCL Toolkit project.
The framework provides basic concepts and classes for multiple types of
transformations including model-to-model transformations
as you need. The framework works on a MOF based repository (Netbeans
Metadata Repository).
Our proof of concept is an application that  generates relational
database schemas including integrity checks out of UML models enriched
by OCL constraints.
This application transforms a UML/OCL metamodel instance to a
CWM/relational  metamodel instance.
Besides this pure model-to-model transformation it is possible to
generate SQL code for the CWM/relational metamodel instance.
It would be an interesting further application to load the metamodel of
ASM by XMI into the repository and to adapt the framework to your use case.

Birgit Demuth