Re: asking about OCL

From: Steffen Zschaler <sz9_at_inf.tu-dresden.de>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:11:50 +0200
Hi,

That's a very good question indeed. I think, what you are saying is that
the 'inv' context is not well chosen for this kind of constraint,
because it always has the implicit all-quantification.

However, historically, the OCL specification really only talks about
syntax and semantics. Pragmatics is covered in Chapt. 12 "The Use of OCL
Expressions in UML Models", but at least to my understanding, this was
never meant to be an exhaustive listing. So, I guess you could define a
new 'context' in a manner very similar to that of Chapt. 12. You could
make the contextualClassifier undefined, which would essentially forbid
the use of 'self' in the OCL expression. And you could define that there
is no implicit all-quantification.

Best regards,

Steffen

Dipl.-Inf. Steffen Zschaler