Help...Current status of formalization of UML

From: Irum Rauf ^lt;irumrauf@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat 29 Apr 2006 - 20:01:10 BST
Hello,
  I am a student currently researching on formalization of UML. I have studied many papers regarding this topic and studied its approaches proposed by different researchers. I have studied in detail formalization approaches: Supplemental approach, OO-Extended approach and Integration approach. I have also looked at model-based approach and meta-model based approaches proposed by C. Pons and G. Baun.

  I am facing one problem in my research. I have not been able to find any recent papers in this topic. I wanted to know current status of formalization of UML. Which approach is being followed the most at industrial level? Has there been any recent proposed approaches for this and what are the areas in this field where research can be conducted? I need some guidelines about what areas under this topic I should focus on as my research topic

  Looking forward to your guidance and early response.
  Best Regards,
  Irum