CALL FOR PAPERS: 2nd ECMDA Traceability Workshop (ECMDA-TW)

From: D H. Akehurst ^lt;D.H.Akehurst@kent.ac.uk>
Date: Fri 10 Mar 2006 - 09:29:50 GMT
CALL FOR PAPERS: 2nd ECMDA Traceability Workshop (ECMDA-TW)

The ECMDA Traceability Workshop will be organized in collaboration with the ECMDA conference.
(See also http://www.modelbased.no/ecmda-traceability)

Traceability is an important theoretical and practical challenge in model driven development.

Traceability mechanisms are needed in processes involving automatic model to model transformations (QVT-like),
in text/code generation, and in manual modelling activities. We are facing challenges of keeping models
consistently synchronised, models and text/code in consistent states, and mixing manual updates with automatic processes.

Some of the application areas are:

-	Model change management - how are changes to model elements and model additions handled?
-	Text/Code change management - how are manual changes in generated text/code handled?
-	Impact analysis of changes - how can we utilize traceability information to understand the impact of model modifications?

End users of model driven development technology need not only theoretical approaches,
but also concrete solutions that can solve some of these challenges.
Therefore, we especially invite practical solutions that address traceability issues.
We seek papers that address how and when traceability information should be added,
how it should be kept up-to-date, and how, when and for what purposes it can be used.

This workshop addresses topics that are strongly related to several ECMDA topics, especially Model Synchronisation and Consistency and Reverse Engineering.

* SUBMISSION
  We ask for papers from 5-10 pages following the Springer LNCS format. Please read the Information for LNCS authors on the Springer web site.

  Each paper will be reviewed by three members of the programme committee.

  Please send a PDF-version of your paper to tor.neple at sintef.no

* PUBLICATION
  Proceedings will be published as a technical report and will be made available on the web.

* IMPORTANT DATES
  Submission of papers: April 9th 2006
  Notification of authors: May 14th 2006
  Camera-ready copies of accepted papers: June 12th 2006
  Workshop date: July 10th 2006

* PROGRAMME COMMITTEE
  Jan Aagedal, SINTEF, Norway
  Dave Akehurst, Univ. of Kent, UK
  Mariano Belaunde, France Telecom, France
  Jean Bezivin, INRIA/Univ. of Nantes, France
  Marc Born, Fraunhofer FOKUS, Germany
  Philippe Desfray, Softeam, France
  Keith Duddy, SoftMetaWare, Australia
  Miguel de Miguel, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain
  Tor Neple, SINTEF, Norway
  Bjørn Nordmoen, WesternGeco, Norway
  Jon Oldevik, SINTEF, Norway
  Richard Paige, Univ. of York, UK
  Tom Ritter, Fraunhofer FOKUS, Germany
  Pete Rivett, Adaptive Systems, UK
  Kerry Raymond, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
  Yael Shaham-Gafny, IBM Haifa Research Lab, Israel
  George Spanoudakis, City University, UK