Re: XMI for UML 2.0

From: Laurence Tratt ^lt;laurie@tratt.net>
Date: Tue 25 Oct 2005 - 13:29:17 BST
On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 08:18:41PM -0300, Rodolfo Campero wrote:

Dear Rodolfo,

> I'm looking for the XMI file for the UML 2.0 specification. I was able to
> locate this document:
>
> ad/03-04-02 (XMI for U2 Partners' UML 2.0: Superstructure, 3rd. revision)
>
> at http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/apps/do_doc?ad/03-04-02 but it is very
> outdated.
>
> Can anyone provide me with an updated version?

My understanding from the recent Atlanta OMG meeting is that there is no XMI
for UML 2.0 at present; however, UML 2.1 will have a corresponding XMI. There
were some other possibilities raised (retrospectively issuing an XMI doc for
UML 2.0), but my impression was that what I've outlined is most likely. The
people in the know on this are Bran Selic, Pete Rivett and Jim Amsden.

Yours,

Laurie
--
http://tratt.net/laurie/    -- Personal