Re: message ends in the UML 2 metamodel

From: Vladimir Mencl ^lt;mencl@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
Date: Sun 09 Oct 2005 - 12:49:18 BST
On 10/06/2005 01:28 AM, Aline Lúcia Baroni wrote:

> How can I distinguish if a MessageOccurrenceSpecification is related to
> the reception or to the sending of the Message? Is the MM wrong?

Hello Aline,

Looking at the metamodel, I see a way to distinguish betweeen sent and
received message (occurences):
    - there are two distinct association between Message and MessageEnd -
      sendEvent and receiveEvent.

    - once you obtain the reference to Message "m" from a
      MessageOccurrenceSpecification "mo" via the message association,
      you may ask whether "mo" is in the sendEvent or receiveEvent
      association of "m".

Vladimir

--
----------------------------------
Vladimir Mencl, Ph.D.
   |currently on academic leave at UNU/IIST,
   |see http://www.iist.unu.edu/~mencl/

Distributed Systems Research Group
Department of Software Engineering
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics