Fw: doubts in sequence diagrams

From: Aline Lúcia Baroni ^lt;alinebaroni@di.fct.unl.pt>
Date: Fri 24 Jun 2005 - 18:20:23 BST
Dear all,

I have some simple doubts concerning the types of messages on sequence diagrams.
There is one attached file with some simple extracts of sequence diagrams to exemplify my doubts, especially concerning the new type of message notation (the one for constructors).

a. When creating an object (figure in the top), the message should be synchronous?
b. When creating an object (figure in the top), the return (object creation) should be marked with a message of type 4 (in the bottom of the attached file)?
c. When destroying an object, both the destruction call and the return are synchronous?

I have seen many different notations on the books created before the finalization of version 2.0 of UML. In the superstructure documents, there is only one simple example on figure 335 (page 514), but it seems to be contradictory with the definition on page 540.

Which is the correct notation?

One more simple doubt is concerning the EventOccurrence. It is not defined in the specification, but some clues lead me to think it is the same than an Occurrence Specification. It seems to be just a confusion with names. Am I right? Am I not?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Aline L. Baroni
http://ctp.di.fct.unl.pt/QUASAR/

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.