News from the Dresden OCL Toolkit

From: Steffen Zschaler (sz9@inf.tu-dresden.de)
Date: Wed 16 Mar 2005 - 09:20:21 GMT

Dear all,

After everybody else has made their OCL announcments, we from Technische
Universitšt Dresden don't want to stand back :-)

Therefore, I'm happy to announce that a version of the Dresden OCL
toolkit exists, which supports OCL2.0. There is currently no actual
release of the toolkit, but you can get access to the code from our CVS
repository at Sourceforge. See
https://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=5840 for details. Please check out
the ocl20 module. We encourage you, in particular those of you who have
previously integrated our toolkit with their toolchain, to begin testing
the new version. As for older versions, there exists a small stand-alone
application that lets you test the key features of the toolkit.

The OCL2.0 support in the toolkit represents a complete rework of the
toolkit. Older versions of the toolkit are still available, however, as
usual. The toolkit is based on an MDR repository of both the UML/MOF
models and the OCL constraints and supports OCL constraints for UML
*and* MOF models. The concrete syntax parser and
concrete-to-abstract-syntax transformer have been systematically derived
from the OCL2.0 specification, as opposed to having been built from an
intuitive understanding of what the specification might mean.

Best wishes,

Steffen Zschaler

--
Dipl.-Inf. Steffen Zschaler
Research Assistant

Technische Universitšt Dresden
Department of Computer Science

Phone +49 351 463 38555
Fax   +49 351 463 38459
Email Steffen.Zschaler@inf.tu-dresden.de
WWW   http://www.steffen-zschaler.de.vu/

--
See the Special Track on Component Models for Dependable Systems at this
year's EUROMICRO conference: http://www.win.tue.nl/~mchaudro/CMDS2005/