Re: tupletype not in ocl standard library?

From: SainTiss (saintiss@arklinux.org)
Date: Tue 08 Mar 2005 - 15:57:28 GMT

Hi,

thanks for the answer. However, I don't think I'm completely with you.

Aren't types on the meta level by definition? I mean, the type of an element at M1, is automatically a meta-element at M2, no?
Figure 5 seems to back that theory, as it seems to include e.g. oclVoid and oclCollection, two types which are indeed also part of the standard library...

Am I just interpreting your answer the wrong way?

Thanks in advance,

Hans

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:08:58 +0100
Anneke Kleppe <a.kleppe@klasse.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> TupleType is not in the standard lib, because this type resides on the meta
> level. You can find it in figure 5, page 34.
>
> For each tuple type in an OCL expression, an instance of this (meta) type
> is created. Each OCL tool is free to decide where to store these instances.
> That could be in the the same location as the standard lib, but may as well
> be somewhere else (a separate package?).
>
> Cheers, Anneke Kleppe
>
> At 01:30 PM 03-03-2005, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >on page 132 of the OCL 2.0 adopted specification, TupleType does not seem
> >to be part of the standard library. Is there a specific reason for this,
> >e.g. because TupleType doesn't have any predefined operations or
> >something? Then again I'd expect at least an equals() operation to be
> >available...
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >
> >Hans
>
> Klasse Objecten
> Chalonhof 153
> NL - 3762 CT Soest
> The Netherlands
> voice: +31(0)35-6037646
> fax: +31(0)35-6037647
> http://www.klasse.nl
>

> To remove yourself from this list please mail puml-list-request@cs.york.ac.uk

Hans Schippers
Research Assistant of the Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO - Vlaanderen)
http://www.win.ua.ac.be/~hschipp/
Formal Techniques in Software Engineering (FoTS)
University of Antwerp
Middelheimlaan 1
2020 Antwerpen - Belgium
Phone: +32 3 265 38 71