Re: InOut Variables (Operations' Semantics)

From: Steffen Zschaler (sz9@inf.tu-dresden.de)
Date: Mon 31 Jan 2005 - 08:20:44 GMT

Hi,

Andreas Awenius schrieb:

>Hello all,
>

>>No, you cannot assume that s1=s1@pre. There is no way to say 'and
>>nothing else changes' in OCL, so if this is important to your
>>specification, you must explicitly mention it. Alternatively, if your
>>operation does not effect any changes to the system state, you can mark
>>it as an observer. However, although this attribute is respected by OCL
>>

>Never heard the term observer in this context. In UML and OCL the term 'query' is used instead.

Sorry, my mistake. 'Query' is what I meant to say.

Best regards,

Steffen

--
Dipl.-Inf. Steffen Zschaler
Research Assistant

Technische Universitšt Dresden
Department of Computer Science

Phone +49 351 463 38555
Fax   +49 351 463 38459
Email Steffen.Zschaler@inf.tu-dresden.de
WWW   http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~sz9

--
See the Workshop on Component Models for Dependable Systems at this
year's EUROMICRO conference: http://www.win.tue.nl/~mchaudro/CMDS2005/