any technical issues wrt UML 2.0 XMI?

From: Hans Schippers (saintiss@arklinux.org)
Date: Tue 21 Dec 2004 - 09:56:19 GMT

Hi,

Looking at OMG's site, I noticed there are already quite a few tools capable of UML 2.0 modeling.

However, afaics none of them actually supports XMI serialization for these models, which makes me wonder if there's a technical problem associated with this? For example, are they waiting for e.g. MOF 2.0? Is it just plain impossible to define UML 2.0 as an instance of MOF 1.4?

Thanks,

--
Hans Schippers
Research Assistant of the Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO - Vlaanderen)