Re: Re: Non-determinism in Statecharts

From: Les Munday (baldrick@ureach.com)
Date: Sun 19 Sep 2004 - 22:05:08 BST

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Kinika Tasie-Amadi (kinika@yahoo.com)
wrote:

>  --- Andreia Melo <andreia@det.ua.pt> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Is it possible to specify non-determinism in
> > Statecharts?
>
> yes it is, if non-determinism is with respect to the
> sequence of actions that a transition performs in
> response to a particular event from a particular
> state.

This sounds like a very clumsy way to indicate non-determinism.
If I have a transition from state A to state B which causes the
execution of several actions, I do not want to draw several
transitions from A -> B indicating the various combinations of
execution. (In this situation it is really unfeasible if the
transition causes more than 2 actions to occur, anyway.)

My answer would be, that the order in which the actions are
listed is irrelavent. Any action could be executed first.

This raises the question: 'How do I indicate an ordered sequence
of actions on a transition?'

Les.