Can the composite relationship exists between the same class?

From: Weilei Zhang (weileiz@paul.rutgers.edu)
Date: Sun 25 Jul 2004 - 22:35:05 BST

I have a quick question:

Can the composite relationship exists between the same class in UML?

This case exists in the real life. For example, in Prolog, a List is
made up of the head and the tail, which is also a List. But I am not
quite sure whether it is permitted in the latest OFFICIAL UML semantics.
If yes or no, would you please tell me the quote from the official
document if possible?
Thanks a lot!
Regards
-Weilei