Re: Meta type

From: Steffen Zschaler (sz9@inf.tu-dresden.de)
Date: Tue 22 Jun 2004 - 08:19:08 BST

Sorry Ahmad, there isn't. The reason is that OCL is not designed to be a
reflective language. It allows some amount of reflection, but this is
limited to oclIsKindOf and oclIsTypeOf. In fact, if you look at the
definitions closely you will find that even these two operations are not
truly reflective, but rather copy a set of identifiers from the
metalevel into the modeling level.

The essence is, that OCL is not meant to write constraints which cross
meta-level boundaries.

Regards,

Steffen

--