from RefPackage to ModelPackage in JMI

From: Jrn Guy S (jgsuess@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Fri 21 May 2004 - 14:09:04 BST

Hallo,
For a Meta-Modeling app I need to navigate from an Empty UML Model Instance (RefPackage, org.omg.uml.UmlPackage) to its corresponding ModelPackage using JMI. I have tried RefOuterMostPackage and RefMetaObject and combinations of these, but do not seem to get there. It must be very obvious, but I do not see it and neither do the people in my workgroup. Can anybody tell me how it is done? MOF and JMI specs do not help me very much. Thanks in advance.
Jrn Guy

Dipl.-Inform. Jrn Guy S            | CIS - Sekr. EN7
phone / fax : +49(30) 314-23553/21601 | TU Berlin, FB Informatik
phone (secretary) : +49(30) 314-23555 | Einsteinufer 17
mailto:jgsuess@cs.tu-berlin.de        | D-10587 BERLIN / GERMANY