Re: Optional attributes

From: Shane Sendall (sendall@acm.org)
Date: Tue 18 May 2004 - 20:56:08 BST

John,
I don't really know. It is probably possible to send it directly to the
submission team or formally through the OMG list. I would certainly try
to send it to the submission team first. I have cc-ed Jos. He will at
least know the right person to talk to if that isn't him even. I think
there still should be time for changes before finalization, but I'm not
sure of the schedule. I guess they will just need to agree with our
analysis of the situation and eventually the proposal.
I would nevertheless be still for an additional 'oclIsNull' operation
(especially as it is basically syntactic sugar and hence doesn't require
much effort to add). As you say 'isEmpty' is inelegant and even
misleading IMO

Jos, I have also some other suggestions. Can you keep me in the loop
(wrt your response)?

Cheers,
    Shane