RE : Software-Architecture of a Modelling Environment

From: GERARD Sebastien 166342 (GERARD@ortolan.cea.fr)
Date: Thu 22 Apr 2004 - 17:05:13 BST

Lets' have a look on www.topmodl.org

Cheers,

Sébastien.

Dr. Ing. Sébastien Gérard
CEA-List / L-LSP
Saclay, Bât 451, p. 21
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex
tél. : (+33) 1-69-08-58-24
fax : (+33) 1-69-08-20-82
http://www.ensieta.fr/mda/
SAUVONS LA RECHERCHE : http://recherche-en-danger.apinc.org/

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Sujit Kumar Chakrabarti [mailto:sujitkc@csa.iisc.ernet.in]
Envoyé : mardi 20 avril 2004 12:03
À : puml-list@cs.york.ac.uk
Objet : Software-Architecture of a Modelling Environment

Hello,
    I am on my way to building a visual modelling environment for my
research project. Something in the lines of Rose, USE, Rhapsody etc. I
am using C++, Qt for graphics, XML for model persistence.
    However, I donot have any experience building such a tool
conveniently. I am particularly interested in building the software in a
way so that the modelling environment core is kept logically separate
from the UI part. This is in the anticipation that some way down the
line, I may decide to abandon the GUI, and prefer a text-based
interface, or vice-versa.

    I am sure, it must be a well-solved problem since there are so many
excellent modelling tools available. However, I haven't yet come across
a tutorial-like text on the software-design of modelling environments or
related applications. Before plunging into using my own discretion, I
want to explore for any existing resource.

    I don't mind browsing through the source-code of existing softwares,
but that would be the last resort. It would be ideal if I get a
design-document; or better still, a textbook like thing.

Thanks,
Sujit

To remove yourself from this list please mail
puml-list-request@cs.york.ac.uk
with a message containing the word "unsubscribe".