Re: Statecharts properties

From: Les Munday (baldrick@ureach.com)
Date: Thu 08 Apr 2004 - 23:57:25 BST

> Two concurrent states operate synchronously, whereas messages
sent
> across statecharts may be treated asynchronously (put in some
queues).

And this can't happen if they are in a single statechart
diagram? I believe the diagram makes no difference to what can
be shown, by simplifying makes it less complicated, but then you
have two diagrams to look at instead of one. Your choice which
makes the better presentation.

> As far as implementability is a question I can't see any
reason why
> concurrent states would not be implementable. This is possible
both
> with real concurrency (for instance threads) or with
sequentialization
> (interleaving) as sone in some commercial tools.

I have always been under the belief that an object can only be
in a single state at any moment in time. If my assumption still
holds, then your concurrent states in a statechart diagram
cannot be applied to classes in a class diagram .. i.e. you'll
have to break them out and allocate to separate classes.

Les.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag