Re: Statecharts properties

From: Andrzej Wasowski (andrzej_wasowski@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu 08 Apr 2004 - 22:49:14 BST

Hi,

> Now try answering your questions using the 2 statecharts. The
> same answers will apply if you then combined them again.

I am not sure I understood the formulation of the original question,
but the above answer is very likely not to give the right semantics.
Two concurrent states operate synchronously, whereas messages sent
across statecharts may be treated asynchronously (put in some queues).

Also using concurrent statecharts does not quite solve all modeling
problems with concurrency. Most importantly it restricts the
concurrency to be present only on the top level in the model.

As far as implementability is a question I can't see any reason why
concurrent states would not be implementable. This is possible both
with real concurrency (for instance threads) or with sequentialization
(interleaving) as sone in some commercial tools.

regards

Andrzej