Statecharts properties

From: Andreia Melo (andreia@det.ua.pt)
Date: Thu 08 Apr 2004 - 14:56:12 BST

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask you about some Statechart properties
in the following situations:

1. Suppose that I have two macrostates M1 and M2 running
in parallel.
Is it possible to place a transition between two substates
of M1 and M2? Is it implementable? A macrostate must
terminate to allow the communication with other
macrostates?

2. The same macrostate cannot be active twice at the same
time, can it?

3. If I specify an event inside of the highest level
macrostate (M1) and the event occurs, what happen to the
active states inside M1 if these states are inside other
macrostates? I. e, Is the event visible by different
hierarchical levels inside M1?

I apreciate some feedback.
Thanks in advance,
Andreia Melo