RE: open/extensible UML metamodel

From: Jrn Guy S (jgsuess@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Wed 18 Feb 2004 - 13:42:27 GMT

Dear Tom,

You might want to try the Netbeans MDR "Model-Lifter": It converts UML Models into MOF-metamodels, which allows you to tinker with the UML-MM in an XMI-enabled CASE-tool. If you are daring, you can use my "EVE" bus. As far as I can see, it should also satisfy your needs. I am not sure what you mean by "direct changes to the metamodel" - EVE provides the functionality of JMI and our new Meta-OCL (MOCL) validator service allows creation and validation of UML profiles (or Profiles for MOF-Models in general). As EVE is not what you could "shrink-wrapped", you would need help, though.

Regards,
Jrn Guy S

Dipl.-Inform. Jrn Guy S            | CIS - Sekr. EN7
phone / fax : +49(30) 314-23553/21601 | TU Berlin, Fak IV
phone (secretary) : +49(30) 314-23555 | Einsteinufer 17