Determining the default metamodel package

From: Jrn Guy S (jgsuess@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Date: Wed 28 Jan 2004 - 11:03:07 GMT

Hallo!
To simplify work with a JMI-based software I would like to determine the name of the metamodel package which should be instanciated for a given metamodel distributed as XMI-File. In UML-Versions this package is called UML and in the MOF it is called model.
These package reside on the top level of the M2 next to other packages like "Core" or "CorbaIdlTypes" and there does not seem to be a distinction. I have noticed that a tag "org.omg.xmi.namespace=UML" is attached to the top-level package in the xmi-File. Does anybody know whether this is reliable / required and leads to the respective package? How would I check such a tag programmatically? Any help is very welcome.
Regards,
Jrn Guy S

Dipl.-Inform. Jrn Guy S            | CIS - Sekr. EN7
phone / fax : +49(30) 314-23553/21601 | TU Berlin, FB Informatik
phone (secretary) : +49(30) 314-23555 | Einsteinufer 17
mailto:jgsuess@cs.tu-berlin.de        | D-10587 BERLIN / GERMANY
free/busy times at http://cis.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jgsuess/vfb.cgi