OCL 2.0 tool and "Object Constraint Language, Second Edition" available

From: Anneke Kleppe (a.kleppe@klasse.nl)
Date: Sat 29 Nov 2003 - 14:45:45 GMT

Hello,

We would like to let you know that currently we have a beta version of an
OCL 2.0 tool available.
This tool is called Octopus, which stands for "OCL Tool for Precise UML
Specifications".
Octopus is able to check the syntax of OCL expressions, as well as the
types and
correct use of model elements like association roles and attributes.

Octopus is an Eclipse plugin (see www.eclipse.org). The software is free of
charge, but
it is not open source software. It is distributed under a public license.
You can download it from:
http://www.klasse.nl/ocl/octopus-intro.html

For those of you that have not yet seen it, we have also published a second
edition of our boek on OCL.
Full details:

   The Object Constraint Language: Getting Your Models Ready for MDA,
Second Edition
   by Jos Warmer, Anneke Kleppe
   Paperback: 240 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.71 x 9.20 x 7.08
   Publisher: Addison-Wesley Pub Co; 2nd edition (August 29, 2003)
   ISBN: 0321179366

The running example in the book, the Royal and Loyal system, is one of the
examples included in Octopus.

Enjoy!

Anneke Kleppe

Klasse Objecten