Re: equality

From: Bernhard Beckert (beckert@ira.uka.de)
Date: Sat 22 Nov 2003 - 13:56:50 GMT

Tim Klinger wrote:
> In any case, what about the other issues?  It doesn't seem useful to
> define equality on non-datatypes as object identity...

I think it is perfectly reasonable and useful to define equality to be
object identity. You may use an equals method if it is defined for a
certain object type. But what is your alternative to object identity in
the general case where no equals method is available?

Bernhard

|  Bernhard Beckert, WWW: http://i12www.ira.uka.de/~beckert/ |