RE: OCL 2.0 finalizatioon

From: Herman Balsters (h.balsters@bdk.rug.nl)
Date: Mon 03 Nov 2003 - 15:01:21 GMT

Dear Jrn,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Let me think about your idea to coordinate (part of) the effort regarding
this issue on basic revisions of OCL 2.0 at a later stage next year.
Perhaps I might be interested.

I do have a minor point. In pre-OCL 2.0 versions, there was an
operator called  "allAttributes": this operator (to be applied to class
objects) returns the set of attributes of that object. (This operator
should also be applicable to tuples as well, by the way.) Now the
strange thing has happened that this most useful operator has
vanished in OCL 2.0  I propose that it be re-introduced.

That's it.

Kind regards,

Herman

On 3 Nov 2003 at 15:41, Jrn Guy S wrote:

> Dear Herman,
>
> The task of the current FTF is only to correct minor flaws in the specification as is. Basic revision and changes will be undertaken in a further round expected in the middle of next year. Nobody has yet volunteered to collect items for that stage of revision, but he or she would probably be
greatly welcomed. In my opinion this would help to infuse the OMG process with some of the basic research done in this field. I already have issues to this end and will add yours to be handed to however picks up at that point. How do you feel about coordinating this effort?